Punjab University Library (PUL)

  • Oriental Section
  • Study Room
  • Antique Manuscript
  • Caligraphy
  • Serial Section
  • Iqbal Section
  • Irani Section
  • Islamic Caligraphy
  • Issue Return Desk
  • Main Hall Circulation Section
  • image slider
  • New Chines Corner
Oriental Section1 Study Room2 Antique Manuscript3 Caligraphy5 Serial Section7 Iqbal Section8 Irani Section9 Islamic Caligraphy10 Issue Return Desk11 Main Hall Circulation Section12 Micro Film to Digital13 New Chines Corner14
http://wowslider.com/ by WOWSlider.com v8.7

Home
Collections
Services
Facilities
Research
Policies
About-Us

Home

     

Besides fifty six independent libraries of the teaching departments, constituent colleges and institutes, the Punjab University has a central library, which is called 'Punjab University Library'. It was established in 1873 as 'Punjab University College Library'. The Punjab University College was raised to the status of a University in 1882 under the Punjab University Act No. XIX of 1882 which was published in the Gazette of India dated 7th October 1882 and the Punjab University came into existence on 14th October 1882 by a notification issued by the Lieutenant Governor of the Punjab and with it, it became the Punjab University Library from the same date.

     

Foundation-stone was laid by the Chancellor, Sir Louis Dane, on 27th February, 1911; the building proceeded rapidly and the first portion was formally opened by the same Chancellor in April, 1912. The expansion of the Library was so rapid during the next three years that at the end of 1915 the building had to be extended to the dimensions contemplated in the original plan. The entire building, which was completed in February, 1917 cost Rs. 1,60,000. It is a two storied building of attractive design (at Allama Iqbal Campus).

Library News


Chania